- "Don't think I'm a fool, Mrs England. I've done plenty things for which the Assassins would gladly kill me."
- ―Gareth threatening Laetitia England after he had broken into her office.[src]
Gareth Pope as 22-years-old
November 30th, 1990, Vancouver, British Colombia, Canada
Assassin's Creed: Into the Gray
Gareth Pope (1990-Present) was a member of the Assassin Order in the 21st century operating around the globe. His implication in the Order's activities led him to infiltrate the extremist collective known as the Instruments of the First Will. He was ultimately captured with his brother by Abstergo Industries.
He was the first son of former Templar turned-Hermeticist Solomon Pope and Emma Rosier. At the age of 18, his parents tragically and mysteriously died in a car accident in Paris. Shortly afterwards, his sister disappeared in strange circumstances.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Personnality and characteristics
- 3 Equipment and skills
- 4 Etymology
- 5 Trivia
Solomon and Emma were on a vacation in Vancouver when she broke water. Gareth was born at the Vancouver General Hospital on November 10th, 1990, at 22:47, only two minutes after his twin sister, Marianne. The family remained in the city for a few days. When they returned to France, Solomon brought his children to a Templar assembly where they received the Father of Understanding's "blessing". Solomon promised he would raise Gareth and Marianne in the way of the Order for when they will be of age, they would join the Templars' ranks.
Introdution to the Creed
Training at The Cove
Hiding in New York
Around the globe
Infiltrating the First Will
Meeting with Laetitia England
Personnality and characteristics
Equipment and skills
Gareth is a name deritative from Germanic "gari" (spear) and "wald" (ruling). Gareth might also be associated to the celtic first name Garrett, which means "powerful". It is also the name of one of the youngest Knights of the Round Table in the Arturian legend, Sir Gareth. Pope is the title given to the Bishop of Rome, the leader of the Catholic Church and the Vatican City. He shares his surname with Alexander Pope, a friend of Isaac Newton.
- Gareth has several tattoos all over his body, including an Assassin insignia and the Assassin's Creed in latin, a sophisticated pattern made of flames, roses, vines, and even a hidden blade under his forearm.
- He speaks fluently English, French and Latin, and a bit of Italian and Spanish.
- He is two minutes younger than his twin sister Marianne.
- Gareth became inadvertently the legal guardian of his brother Alex, who was only 5 years old when their parents died and their sister disappeared.